BEFORE THE CLEANSE
Prepare, prepare, prepare. We can’t stress that enough. That means no farewell-to-solid-foods-with-a-steak-and-martini dinner the night before you start (sorry). Trust us, you would not be a happy camper at the end of Day 1! The more you prep for your BluePrint Cleanse, the smoother the transition will be.
Three days before the cleanse:
- Begin phasing out indulgences such as coffee, sugar, refined starches (bread, white rice and pasta), meat, dairy and alcohol.
- Up your intake of fresh fruit, greens, and veggies at every meal.
DURING THE CLEANSE
Congrats! Now that you’ve officially started your BluePrint Cleanse, you’re on your way to reaping the benefits. Your cleanse should have come with instructions inside the box, but if not, no sweat! The order in which you should drink the juices can also be found by clicking on your cleanse here.
Here are some other tips to make the experience as enjoyable as possible:
Be sure to drink at least eight glasses of water per day to stay hydrated.
Take it easy.
Ease up on your regular workout routine and opt for yoga or light walks.
When you’re not focusing on what to eat next, you may start to experience more mental clarity. Meditation can enhance this clarity and help you obtain a greater sense of calm and awareness overall.
One of the most common questions we get is “Isn’t there SOMETHING I can eat?”. And our (rather unpopular) answer is: The closer you stick to the cleanse, the better the results will be. However, if you need to munch on something, opt for water-based veggies such as cucumber or celery sticks.
AFTER THE CLEANSE
With the allure of solid food closer than ever, you will probably start to wonder how to come out of the BluePrint cleanse and maintain the results of your hard work. It's likely that whatever indulgences you were enjoying before the cleanse are not the first things that appeal to you. You might even find that your attitude towards food has changed and that you're craving healthier things now (yay!).
Regardless, the key to incorporating solid food back into your diet is to do so SLOWLY. Here are some suggestions for the first week following your BluePrint Cleanse:
Phase One (Post-Cleanse Days 1 & 2)
Low-density foods that are high in water are kind to your digestive system and should be reintroduced first.
- Fresh water-based fruit (melon, papaya, citrus; not dried fruit or bananas)
- Fresh water-based vegetables (celery, cucumber)
- Low sodium vegetable broth
- Herbal or green tea
Phase Two (Post-Cleanse Day 2 to Day 5)
Continuing to focus on phase one foods, begin to incorporate more fibrous foods.
- Raw or lightly steamed non-starchy vegetables (cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers)
- Raw green leaf salad topped with raw, non-starchy vegetables (dress with fresh lemon or raw apple cider vinegar)
Phase Three (Post-Cleanse Day 5 to Day 7)
Other more “dense” foods are now ready to make a comeback in your diet.
- Lightly cooked starchy vegetables (yams, winter squash)
- Whole grains (e.g. brown rice, barley, quinoa)
- Lightly steamed or poached fish
For a full list of Cleanse FAQs, please go here. And remember: we’re here for you! Reach out to us at email@example.com or send us a direct message on Instagram @blueprint with any questions.